Sunday 30 January 2011

Blue to represent the UK at Eurovision!!!

Reformed 00's boyband Blue have been announced to represent the United Kingdom at this year's Eurovision Song Contest. After years of shameful songs and bottom place finishes, the BBC have gone all out this year to secure an act with decent credentials rather than a talentless nobody, and I for one will be backing Blue in May, well, providing that they have a decent song of course!

Launched to mass fanfare in 2001 as a cooler boyband after Another Level and 5ive had all but disappeared, Blue scored a clutch of UK and European hits and sold millions of singles and albums. They topped the UK charts three times - with Too Close, If You Come Back and their Elton John duet Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word. Still radio staples today with these songs as well as their other classics All Rise, Fly By II and One Love (for the mother's pride - who could forget that tribute to sliced bread!). The song will be called I Can and the boys, Simon Webbe, Lee Ryan, Duncan James and Antony Costa, all of whom scored some solo success outside of the band, will embark on promotional duties across Europe in the coming months.



They're certainly not nobodies in Europe either, having scored huge hits across the continent, especially in the returning Italy, where classy ballad Breathe Easy was a mammoth #1 in 2004. Can they win Eurovision for the UK? Who knows, but they've certainly given us our best chance in a long long time - unless the song is truly dreadful, it seems unlikely that they'll be in sniffing distance of last place like most of our entries.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rich, what the hell is going on with Buzzjack? When I try to enter the forum I see error message.
    I know it- the same was with ChCMedia in 2009. I don`t want to lose next forum. Of course, I have Polish forum (recently I`ve created Polish equivalent of Buzzjack Song Contest :) ), but I don`t wanna lose my best opporturnity to learn English :(
    A bit of a shame I go to your blog only on such occasions as this. I`ll change it (I'll add you to observed blogs` list), but I hope you update it. Write me what`s happening on my mail (mawoj93@blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete